As a small business owner, you are probably well aware of the costs involved in providing health care coverage to your employees and their family members. Even if you do not offer full coverage, there are still a number of expenses that can weigh heavily on you and the profitability of your business. If you are not able to keep health costs down, you could find yourself in the unfortunate position of having to cut back on employees, reduce store hours or forego other essentials. Maintaining a safe work environment and taking a proactive approach to help employees stay healthy in the workplace is a simple, yet effective way to keep small business health costs down. Here are 5 tips to get you started:
- Get rid of any vending machines or other sources of unhealthy snack and lunch options. Offering your employees choices such as water, vegetable or fruit juice, fresh fruit, sandwiches and other healthy alternatives is a positive action you can take to keep employees thinking and eating healthy.[bf_ins field=”city”] has various companies that provide healthier options.
- Educate your employees on the [bf_ins field=state] safety procedures they are required to follow in the workplace. Make sure your employees are following the safety precautions while on the job to help prevent serious accidents and injuries.
- Regularly clean your place of business, and take steps to keep all public areas sanitized. Employees should also be involved in keeping their work spaces clean. Other actions like posting signs in the restrooms requiring employees wash their hands, providing a refrigerator where employees can properly store food, and emptying trash regularly can all help stop the spread of illness and disease.
- Encourage employees to leave their desk or workspace during breaks and at meal times. Leaving the office for a few minutes, going for a walk or simply getting a breath of fresh air can help make a person feel better, while at the same time boosting the immune system.
- Contact a [bf_ins field=company_name] health insurance agent at our [bf_ins field=”city”] branch to find out about the health insurance options available to small businesses throughout the state of [bf_ins field=state].
It is important for [bf_ins field=”city”] small business owners to do what they can to help lower healthcare costs without having to significantly reduce the level of coverage. Keeping employees healthy in the workplace is an effective way to facilitate higher levels of production and fewer sick days.
As a [bf_ins field=”city”] small business owner, you may be in the position of paying more than you should in health insurance. If you are uncertain about the various options that could lower your costs, a health insurance agent from [bf_ins field=company_name] can help assess your current needs and review the benefits your existing policy offers. We are local agents who live and work in the [bf_ins field=”city”] area, so we have a personal interest in seeing small businesses flourish. The size of your small business does not matter to us, from a few employees to a large corporation with hundreds of employees, as we offer policies for all sizes of local businesses. Call [bf_ins field=company_name] now to find out more about finding more affordable coverage, or coverage with better benefits for you and your employees. We will take the time to research the best deals for you, and can meet with you at a convenient time.