We all know that it is very common for doctors and hospitals to carry insurance coverage for their practices. However, home healthcare presents its own share of challenges and potential problems that can arise while on the job. Furthermore, home healthcare needs are on the rise as our population continues to see an increasing number of aging and elderly individuals.
As your business continues to grow, it is essential to prepare for any contingency that you might encounter along the way. PenEx can offer that level of protection you need with our end-to-end coverage options.
Our Home Healthcare Insurance Policies Cover:
- Professional Liability – Home healthcare involves a lot of person-to-person interaction, and sometimes accidents happen. Professional liability insurance protects you, your employees and your business from negligence claims that may arise out of injuries that occur while you perform your duties as a caregiver.
- General Liability – General liability insurance covers all other liability issues that arise from claims that do not have to do with the provision of home healthcare services. This coverage will protect you in circumstances, such as when there are disputes over employee benefits. We also offer broadening endorsements, which increase your coverage and ensure additional protection.
- Property – Property damage can also be useful for home healthcare providers to keep both your own property and the property of your clients safe. PenEx also offers broadening endorsements for property coverage, which can help cover costs of lost keys, lost paperwork, or special equipment.
- Auto – Home healthcare providers are frequently out of the office, visiting their client’s homes. Therefore, having auto insurance for your work vehicle that you use to get from home to home included in your home healthcare insurance policy is essential.
- Umbrella – Umbrella insurance is there for the biggest accidents, where damages might exceed any particular policy limit. This not only saves you money from paying more on your monthly premiums for each coverage option, but ensures that you have plenty of coverage for even the worst-case scenarios
- Medicare and Surety Bonds – If you intend on providing medical equipment to Medicare recipients, you’ll need a surety bond to get started. Our bonds allow you to guarantee that you’ll meet the obligations of any Medicare contract and protect you from any financial losses that might occur in the event you are unable to meet the contract terms.
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance – It isn’t just there to protect your clients from injury; it’s also there to protect your employees who might be injured while on the job. PenEx also offers Pay-As-You-Go options, which allow you to make your premium payments when you run your payroll, thus providing you with more financial flexibility.
- Fidelity and Crime Bonds – Unfortunately, in our professional careers, we occasionally come across individuals who have bad intentions or perform fraudulent acts. Though we always hope these circumstances never arise, there is comfort in knowing that there are options to protect you from such acts. Our fidelity and crime bonds protect our policyholders from losses stemming from fraudulent or criminal acts.
- Physical Abuse, Sexual Misconduct, and Sexual Molestation – Though most home healthcare providers carry themselves with the upmost professionalism, everyone in the industry has heard of horrific instances of abuse or sexual misconduct between caregivers and clients. If such instances do arise, our abuse and sexual
- Employment Practices Liability – This coverage ensures costs related to disputes arising from employment claims, typically between the employer and employee. It will cover the cost of attorney fees, damages, or settlements in wrongful termination, discrimination or harassment in the workplace and retaliations claims.
- Independent Medical and Non-medical Contractor’s Coverage – Home healthcare providers often rely on the assistance of medical and non-medical contractors to carry out their job duties. Protect your business from any mistakes or accident that arise from the actions or inactions of these individuals with our independent medical and non-medical contractors’ coverage.
- Medical Director’s Coverage – Medical directors perform a wide spectrum of job duties, including administrative work to direct patient care. Medical directors’ coverage can provide protection to match each of these professional duties and ensure any damages arising from the performance of these duties is insured.
- Administrative Defense Coverage Endorsements – This type of protection is especially useful when defending HIPAA compliance and HIPAA violation claims. Being accused of a HIPAA violation can be extremely detrimental to your business and your reputation, so it is important to make sure you are fully equipped with the resources to cover those losses.
- Data Breach – Unfortunately, healthcare facilities, including home health care providers, are often the target of hackers and people looking to steal patient data. Data breach coverage can protect your business from damages incurred when such events occur.
- Emergency Evacuation and Management Expense – The best way to deal with an emergency is to plan ahead and having an insurance policy that will reimburse you for emergency situations is a great way to know that that when an emergency situation arises, you won’t be left with detrimental losses or an enormous bill.
- Public Relations Expense – Your reputation is extremely important in the home healthcare system. If your name has wrongfully received poor media attention or has been accused of another wrongdoing, this coverage can help reestablish your good name.
- Easy Payment and Billing Options – PenEx believes in efficiency and transparency. We offer our clients easy payment options and flexibility with home healthcare insurance billing to best suit your needs.
Protect Yourself & Your Patients with PenEx Home Healthcare Insurance
A lot can go wrong in home healthcare, but with the proper home healthcare insurance coverage plans in place, you can rest assured that you’ll be protected, and your business won’t be lost. Contact us today to discuss our coverage options further and develop an insurance plan that will offer you the best protection for an affordable price.